The IHRSA Trend Report
is a quarterly report that tracks membership trends and consumer attitudes towards health club membership. This report for the quarter ending September 30, 2012 is based on research powered by the Leisure Trends Group. This installment focuses on membership trends and behavior for the third quarter of 2008, 2011, and 2012.
Each quarterly report contains responses and analyses to the following questions:
- Are you currently a member of a health club? (A dues paying member with a daily punch, monthly, seasonal, or annual pass.)
- What keeps you coming back to use the health club you currently belong to?
- Which of the following are personal goals for using the health club you currently belong to?
- What keeps you from joining a health club now?
- Why did you leave/quit your former health club?